UN Pension Program

The UN pension program is intended for anyone in receipt of a UN pension or a Widow’s/Widower’s Benefit (of which at least 40% is received in Malta) seeking to transfer their tax residence to a safe and tax efficient environment.


Special Tax Status

0% on the UN pension income or Widow’s/Widower’s Benefit received in Malta. 15% on income arising outside Malta (excluding the UN pension) that is received in Malta. 35% on any other income arising in Malta.


Can be included in the application

Contact one of our relocation experts

Get in touch

Conditions to Apply

Buy or Rent a Property

You’ll need to either purchase or rent a property. Below are the conditions for each respectively.


Purchase a property for not less than €270,000 or 220,000 in the South of Malta or Gozo.


Rent a property for not less than €9,600 per annum. Should the property be situated in Gozo or in the South of Malta, the rental value should not be less than €8,700 per year.

Health Insurance

You should have a health insurance covering the EU territory


You’ll need a valid travel document

Reside in Malta

You’ll have to spend 183 days living in Malta.

Residence Card

You’ll need to apply for a residence card on the basis of the UN pension program.

Goverment Fee

In order to apply a non-refundable administrative fee of four thousand Euro (€4,000).

Ready to start your application process?

Yes, I want to apply